Krise bei Infinity Ward

Fortinbras

Bekanntes Gesicht
UPDATE: Security Appears At Infinity Ward, Studio Heads Missing, Activision Investigating "Insubordination" - G4tv.com

Muss man lesen. Angeblich kriselt es zwischen Infinity Ward und Activision schon länger.

Chronologie:
A source close to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 developer just informed me that a "bunch of bouncer-types" just showed up outside of the Infinity Ward offices unannounced. When approached by employees, the non-uniformed "bouncers" were unwilling to disclose why they were there.

A screen shot surfaced from Infinity Ward CTO Jason West's Facebook page at Kotaku with the status update "Jason West is drinking. Also, unemployed." I can confirm from a source that's friends with West that update did actually come from West's account.

West also updated his Linkedin profile to appears to reflect a change in employment.

"President/Game Director/CCO/CTO Infinity Ward
January 2001 – March 2010 (9 years 3 months)"

Infinity Ward community manager Robert Bowling has vaguely addressed the situation.

"I should also say, while I appreciate all the calls, tweets, messages and hearing my ringtone a lot," said Bowling on his Twitter account, "they're in vain - as I have no info."

It turns out Activision may have showed their hand in this matter earlier today.

In an SEC filing made this morning, Activision cited a human resources investigation into "breaches of contract and insubordination by two senior employees at Infinity Ward."

Based on the information we currently have, at least one of those employees may have included Infinity Ward CTO Jason West. It's possible Vince Zampella is the other unmentioned employee.

"This matter is expected to involve the departure of key personnel and litigation," read the filing. "At present, the Company does not expect this matter to have a material impact on the Company."

Double Fine's Tim Schafer, who had his own troubles with Activision over the release of Brutal Legend, recently commented on Twitter about what's happening between Infinity Ward and Activision.

"Getting mad at Activision for this kind of thing is like getting mad at an ape for throwing feces," said Schafer. "It's just how the beast communicates."

Scheint, als wäre Activisions CEO Bobby Kotick der Don Corleone der Spielindustrie. Ich weiß schon warum ich den Saftaden hasse. EA ist mir in vielerlei Hinsicht lieber.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ist damit IW eigentlich weg vom Fenster oder wem gehört das Studio?

Könnte ja sonst sein, dass bald die alte IW-Truppe ein neues gründet.

Zurück