Xbox One: Self-Publishing von Indie Games ermöglicht

das weiß ich schon seit mindestens 2 wochen.
keine ahnung wo ich das gelesen hatte.werde wohl langsam alt.

notiz an mich selbst:mach notizen.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Damals war es nur ein Gerücht.

. "Unsere Vision ist, dass jeder Mensch gestalterisch tätig und jede Xbox One zur Entwicklung genutzt werden kann",

sie brauchen wohl immer einen kleinen Stups damit ihnen ihre Visionen wieder einfallen ;)

Und die nächste 180 Grad Wende. :D

Aber gut wenigtens haben sie es begriffen. :)

"Unsere Vision ist, dass jeder Mensch gestalterisch tätig und jede Xbox One zur Entwicklung genutzt werden kann"

Wieder so ein Ding, wo man erkennt, wie unsicher und flasch die Konzepte von MS eigentlich waren. Denn deren Vision vorher war es doch, dass Indie-Entwickler einen Publisher brauchen, um auf der XBOX One zu releasen. Musste man wohl erstmal schauen, welche Visionen Sony und die Gaming-Welt so verfolgen, damit man nicht an Boden verliert.

Gut, dass sie sich dazu entschieden haben. Aber lächerlich ist dieses verspätete Handeln trotzdem. Als ob man versucht, seinen steckengebliebenen Fuß wieder aus der Kloschüssel zu ziehen.

Ich glaube das auch erst wenn ich positive Aussagen seitens Indi-Entwickler höre.

Die jenigen die Indie Games spielen wird's freuen. Mir geht diese Entscheidung am Allerwertesten vorbei. :p:

Entwickler zu dem Thema. Scheint noch nicht 100% dem der PS4 zu entsprechen

We also reached out to a handful of indie developers who have been outspoken on the issue. The first one to respond was Retro City Rampage developer Brian Provinciano, who ported his game to Xbox Live Arcade on the Xbox 360 as well as a variety of other platforms. His response to today's news:

I'm very happy to see this. After all of the developers have spoken out, they're finally listening. However, this is yet another example of them changing policy, but it sounding better than it is when the whole story is revealed. Make no mistake; while this is a great thing, it's again not the equivalent to what other platforms offer. On PS4, for example, developers can tap right into the system; use every bit of RAM and all of its power. Indies have access to everything that the AAA studios do, from platform support to development and release. The indication on Xbox One is that it's essentially XBLIG 2.0. Instead of XNA, it's Windows 8. Windows 8, which is already struggling to gain developer interest, will gain a boost from developers wishing to target the console. However, it won't be as full-fledged as published games on the system.

After my experience working with them to release on Xbox 360, I have no interest in even buying an Xbox One, let alone developing for it. The policy changes are great, but they don't undo the experience I had. I'm not ready to forget what I went through. Working with Microsoft was the unhappiest point of my career. Policies are one thing, but developer relations are another.

It's important to me that consumers don't see things as black and white. There are still strings attached to this policy change."

"Comment on the Xbox One "self-publishing" -- they're not giving you the whole story. It's a good thing, but not as good as it sounds."

Microsoft to allow indie self-publishing on Xbox One, retail consoles will double as debug units (updated) ?Strings Attached? To Xbox One Self Publishing | Analog Addiction

Dev: Strings attached to XB1 indie publishing, MS not giving whole story - NeoGAF

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück